Happy New Year! 2015 was my first full year as a blogger at The Art Curator for Kids! It was a very big year for me personally as I’ve already discussed, but it was an exciting year for the blog as well.
Check out the highlights from the year below and check out the amazing posts from other Kid Blogger Network members at the end of this post.
5 Most-Visited Posts of 2015
- A Year of Art Appreciation: 52 Artworks your Child Should Know — I have a new 52 artworks post in the works for the new year! Stay tuned.
- 13 Art and Math Projects for Kids
- Making Art with Kids: Block Printing Lesson
- Art Around the World in 30 Days
- My Top 5 Art Lessons that Never Fail
5 Most-Visited Posts of 2015 that were Actually Written in 2015
(not including 3 from the list above)
- Why I Hate the Elements and Principles of Art (But Teach them Anyway)
- Artworks that Show Line
- Complete the Picture: An Easy Art Appreciation Game and Printable
- 82 Questions to Ask About Art
- 10 Fun Kinesthetic Activities to Do with Art
- Art Appreciation Printable Worksheets Bundle
- Art Around the World eBook
- Aesthetics Lesson Bundle
- The Art Curator for Kids Resource Library Membership (I hope this one rises to the top, because you get ALL the products when you join plus a lot more!!)
- 4 Steps of Art Criticism Lesson
My 5 Favorite Posts from 2015 that Didn’t Make the Above List
(not including the Art Collections below)
- Teaching Ethnocentrism and Xenophobia in Art Education
- What do Kids Learn from Looking at Art?
- The Liberation of Aunt Jemima
- 10 Fun Activities to Engage with Works of Art
- 5 Minute Art History: Paleolithic
My Favorite Art Collections from 2015
I think this is my favorite type of post! I really enjoy finding artworks and connecting them by theme. They are not the most popular of my posts, but I find them to be really satisfying to write, so I had to break them into their own category so I didn’t have to only choose a couple!