From online workshops to full-day intensives, we help art teachers develop innovative strategies for the creative teaching of art history and art appreciation.
For more information about the available workshops, click one of the following categories.
- Dallas Summer Teacher Workshop
- Conference Presentations
- Workshop Options for Schools and Districts
- Online Workshops
Every summer, we hold an in-person workshop at a museum in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Don’t miss the next one! Learn more and register here.
Join our e-mail list to make sure you get future announcements!
Conference Presentations (1 or 2 hours)
- How to Talk about Art — Learn to facilitate meaningful discussions about art that foster personal connection, stimulate critical thinking, and uncover meaning. Cindy Ingram of Art Class Curator will increase your confidence leading insightful conversations about art.
- Teaching Art History without Lecture — Learn engaging methods for teaching art history that don’t involve lecturing in front of a sleepy, darkened classroom. Take art history out of the dark and make it come alive for your students!
- Inventive Activities to Interpret Art — Learn how to get kids moving, writing, thinking, and experiencing art in fun and inventive ways with this online training.
- What is art? — Learn how to unpack and explore the ultimate aesthetics question with your students–what is art and why does it matter?
- What is art history? — In this online training, we’ll break down art history into easy-to-digest chunks to make teaching easier for you and learning easier for your students. Separating the art content into style, context, themes, artists, and art forms will allow your students to better understand and make connections to the art and the past.
Professional Development Workshops for Schools and Districts
Help your teachers become pros and leading art discussions and inventive learning activities around works of art. The below workshops are available, and we are happy to customize the experience based on your needs of your school or district.
Workshops can also be bundled with memberships to The Curated Connections Library.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to customize your experience and discuss your specific needs.
WORKSHOP 1: Ignite Art Teacher Workshop: Art Interpretation Classroom Strategies
Increase your confidence teaching and learning with works of art by studying discussion techniques, creative writing, memorization and close observation, kinesthetic activities and more to interpret and connect with artworks. In addition to practicing, modeling, and discussing the techniques, participants will also have a chance to work with their colleagues to come up with their own learning activities. This workshop is suitable for any teacher of any subject and any grade level.
WORKSHOP 2: No More Art in the Dark! How to Teach Art History without Lecture
Turn on the lights! This workshop introduces effective, engaging practices for teaching art history that don’t involve lecturing in front of a sleepy, darkened classroom. Workshop participants will learn and try out methods to make art history come alive through personalized observation, hands-on activities, discussion, and more. Resources shared in this workshop are designed for immediate use in diverse classrooms. This workshop is best for middle school, high school, and college teachers.
WORKSHOP 3: Art History Crash Course
This jam-packed workshop provides a lively yet practical overview of the basics of both Western and Non- Western art history. Through engaging workshop activities, teachers will learn art history in ways that both inspire and equip them to become more creative about the art they are studying. This passion will translate to your district’s students, positively impacting their lives for years to come as they make connections across skill sets and curricula.
We offer regular online workshops for members of The Resource Library for Art Teachers and to the public. Come see us at one of the following upcoming webinars.
Upcoming Online Art Professional Development Workshops
These workshops are available for members of The Curated Connections Library. Join my email list to find out when new sessions are available and when the Library is open to the public.
- Curated Connections Workshop – August 2019
Online Art Workshop Recordings
- What is art history?
- How to Talk About Art with Kids
- Inventive Activities to Interpret Art
- 4-Webinar Bundle
- What is art?
- Using Compare, Contrast, and Categorization to Teach Art History
Online Workshop Recordings Available for Curated Connections Library Members Only
- Creative Assessment in Art Appreciation and Art History
- How to Integrate Art History into your Curriculum
For information about CEU Credit, click here.