Susan Riley is bringing it all together through art. Her website, EducationCloset is the go-to resource for teachers working to integrate art into other disciplines and create STEAM programs. In an educational climate that places a high value on standardized testing, art integration is an effective method to engage students and teachers alike and has helped to infuse creativity and critical thinking back into the classroom.
Tune in to hear Susan’s passion come through as she shares stories, tips, and reflections on how to work art integration into your lessons, and how it can add to your classroom environment.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of arts integration
- The inspiring way EducationCloset got its start
- How arts integration retains and reinvigorates teachers
- Susan shares some examples of her favorite art integration lessons
- How to incorporate peer reviews and partner work in art integration activities
- Addressing the meeting of educational standards for all disciplines involved
- How to be an advocate for both arts and arts integration
- Tips for building relationships with other teachers in your school that overlap with your integrated content
- Why you should never say, “That’s not my job”
- Susan shares her first experience falling in love with art
Links Mentioned in the Show:
(Some of the links below are affiliate links which help financially support Art Class Curator.)
If you liked this art podcast episode, check out these related blog posts: