Art competitions are actually beneficial for teachers and their students.
Brad Le Duc, an Art Educator, is here to share his passion for art and educating the young artists of the future. Brad has taught 2D art in several states across the country for the past 17 years. Brad talks about the Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes, the positive effects of art competitions, and how art teachers can get involved in helping their students submit their art pieces.
Tune in for a refreshing and inspiring interview with Brad, and walk away with new insights on art, competitions, passion, and vulnerability.
- Brad explains what the Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes is and their mission
- Learn what the Discovery Award Competition and ArtEffect Project are
- How students discover their “Unsung Hero”
- How to get students involved with the Lowell Milken Center
- How to reach kids who lack motivation
- Brad tells a story of a former student whose artwork brought him to tears
- Brad and Cindy discuss the importance and impact of passion
- Two questions that Brad asks his students to initiate conversation
- A free 10 Step Lesson plan to help art teachers get started
- Brad shares one of his personal favorite art influencers from Brazil
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Please note, this post includes Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lowell Milken Center
- Brad LeDuc”s Blog
- ArtEffect Project
- Wasteland – Vik Muniz
- Irena Sendler
- Alice Seeley Harris
- The Art the Brought Brad to Tears
- Kara Walker
- Ai Weiwei
- 10 Step Lesson Plan
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!