I’ve done a Gift Guide for Teens Who Love Art focusing on good quality art supplies, and today, I have more fun art gifts for teens to add to your gift list. The first half is cute art history stuff like dress-up magnets, paper dolls, and finger puppets. At the bottom I focused on Manga, because who are we kidding? When a teenager says they love art, what they really mean is they love Manga.
For your convenience, I have included Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support the work I do on the Art Curator for Kids.
Fun Art Gifts for Teens:
- Art History Paper Dolls – This include paper dolls of 13 different artists including Picasso, O’Keeffe, van Gogh, and da Vinci! So fun!
- Frida Kahlo’s Frocks & Smocks Magnetic Dress-Up Set – I used to have a Michelangelo’s David version of this, and it was so fun!
- American Gothic Magnetic Dress Up Set
- Inflatable Scream Doll – We had these in the museum store I worked at in college, and I always wanted it for my dorm!
- 12″ inch Drawing Mannequin Body – Nothing makes you feel more like an artist than one of these little guys sitting on your desk. Put it in different positions and practice drawing it.
- Original Buddha Board – I had one of these when I was young, and it was so fun! And bonus, you can practice the brushstrokes in the Chinese brush painting we learned about last month. 🙂
Art Stocking Stuffers for Teens:
- Artist Finger Puppets. Why not? Pablo Picasso, Leonardo da Vinci, Diego Rivera, Georgia O’Keeffe, Claude Monet, Gustav Klimt, Frank Lloyd Wright, Auguste Rodin, and Artist Finger Puppet Set of 4 (Van Gogh, Kahlo, da Vinci, and Dali)
- Starry Night Socks or Mona Lisa or Van Gogh Sunflower Socks or Matisse Socks or Great Wave Socks or Frida Socks or you get the idea.
- The Art Book: New Edition, Mini Format – I used to have an old version of this, and I used to love just flipping through and looking at all the art when I was first starting to learn about art and art history. There is a bigger version as well.
- Salvador Dali Button – Perfect for a backpack! I want this.
Chances are if you have a teen who loves art, what they REALLY mean is they love Manga. Am I right? I’ve been teaching high school for more than 4 years. It’s all about the Manga. Here are some great Manga supplies for your manga-lover.
- Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 drawing lessons from the creator of Akiko
- Royal & Langnickel Manga Satchel Artist Pack – An all-in-one pack with a bag, pens, pencils, eraser, character drawing book, and templates.
- Fanboy Comic/Manga Sketch Pad 8.5X11
- Sakura 50201 6-Piece Pigma Manga Comic Pro Drawing Kit
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set, 10-Pack, Manga Shojo Colors (56173)
- Prismacolor Premier Soft Core Colored Pencil, Set of 23 Assorted Manga Colors (1774800)
- The Manga Artist’s Workbook: Easy-to-Follow Lessons for Creating Your Own Characters
If you like this post, you may also like: