I’ve done a Gift Guide for Teens Who Love Art focusing on good quality art supplies, and today, I have more fun art gifts for teens to add to your gift list. The first half is cute art history stuff like dress-up magnets, paper dolls, and finger puppets. At the bottom I focused on Manga, because who are we kidding? When a teenager says they love art, what they really mean is they love Manga.
Please note, this post includes Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fun Art Gifts for Teens:
- Art History Paper Dolls – This include paper dolls of 13 different artists including Picasso, O’Keeffe, van Gogh, and da Vinci! So fun!
- Frida Kahlo’s Frocks & Smocks Magnetic Dress-Up Set – I used to have a Michelangelo’s David version of this, and it was so fun!
- American Gothic Magnetic Dress Up Set
- Inflatable Scream Doll – We had these in the museum store I worked at in college, and I always wanted it for my dorm!
- 12″ inch Drawing Mannequin Body – Nothing makes you feel more like an artist than one of these little guys sitting on your desk. Put it in different positions and practice drawing it.
- Original Buddha Board – I had one of these when I was young, and it was so fun! And bonus, you can practice the brushstrokes in the Chinese brush painting we learned about last month. 🙂
Art Stocking Stuffers for Teens:
- Artist Finger Puppets. Why not? Pablo Picasso, Leonardo da Vinci, Diego Rivera, Georgia O’Keeffe, Claude Monet, Gustav Klimt, and Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Starry Night Socks or Mona Lisa or Van Gogh Sunflower Socks or Great Wave Socks or Frida Socks or you get the idea.
- The Art Book: New Edition, Mini Format – I used to have an old version of this, and I used to love just flipping through and looking at all the art when I was first starting to learn about art and art history. There is a bigger version as well.
- Salvador Dali Button – Perfect for a backpack! I want this.
Manga Gifts for Teens:
Chances are if you have a teen who loves art, what they REALLY mean is they love Manga. Am I right? I’ve been teaching high school for more than 4 years. It’s all about the Manga. Here are some great Manga supplies for your manga-lover.
- Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 drawing lessons from the creator of Akiko
- Royal & Langnickel Manga Satchel Artist Pack – An all-in-one pack with a bag, pens, pencils, eraser, character drawing book, and templates.
- Fanboy Comic/Manga Sketch Pad 8.5X11
- Sakura 50201 6-Piece Pigma Manga Comic Pro Drawing Kit
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set, 10-Pack, Manga Shojo Colors (56173)
- Prismacolor Premier Soft Core Colored Pencil, Set of 23 Assorted Manga Colors (1774800)
- The Manga Artist’s Workbook: Easy-to-Follow Lessons for Creating Your Own Characters
Stayed tuned for more gift guides coming your way soon from Art Class Curator! Follow me on Facebook or sign up to receive posts by e-mail to not miss a thing!
Leave a Comment