As teachers, not only do we strive to make an impact on students, but we also strive to continue learning. Sometimes this means trying new methods to see what works best for us as well as the students. George Szekely is with me today to talk about his hands-on approach with teaching art and how to expand your students’ exposure to art.
- Why George says that Show & Tell should never die
- The difference between Art and Lecture
- The one method George could never get rid of
- The benefits of teaching Adult Art with Kids Art
- How to integrate more art into lesson plans
- Why it’s important to give kids art they can physically handle
- Advice to Art Teachers about options for showcases
- George shares his thoughts on teaching art in high school
- Techniques on how to connect with teenagers
- The importance of letting students know they’re artists
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!