Today’s guest is an elementary art teacher who writes a regular column for Arts and Activities Magazine, and his blog, Shine Brite Zamorano, where he shares his student’s projects. He masterly infuses contemporary art into his school and community in exciting and relevant ways. He contributes so much inspiration, motivation, and support to art teachers everywhere.
- Background on Don Masse
- Working at Zamorano teaching kids art
- Masse’s Blog when and why he started it
- Started to use the internet to build his curriculum
- Masse’s blog is mostly based on Contemporary artists
- Masse uses his Blog to help focus for his curriculum
- Masse tells us some of the main internet search places he used
- Tips on how to have projects based on artists but still be unique
- How to incorporate writing and reflection in Masses lessons
- Masse tells us about some of his favorite lessons
- How Masse approaches talking to the kids about their work
- How you need to embrace the silence
- What artwork changed Masse’s life
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Please note, this post includes Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Buck Rock Creative Art Camp
- Colossal Art Blog
- Bloom Blog
- Shine Brite Zamorano Instagram: @ shinebritezamorano
- Arts & Activities Magazine
- Galla Placidia of Ravenna Rome
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!