Join this free, online art teacher conference with presentations from art educators to energize you and engage your students! Plus, get tips on how to teach your students while they’re learning at home.
The world looks very different than it did a few weeks ago, even a few days ago.
It wasn’t long ago that I was preparing for NAEA—putting together my presentation and finalizing travel plans. Now NAEA is cancelled and schools are closed.
But that’s not quite right, is it?
The buildings are closed, but school is not. Teachers across the country are passing out meals and computers, transforming their lessons, and getting in touch with their students in all sorts of creative ways even though they can’t come to class.
Across my social media feeds, I’m seeing more parents thankful for the hard work of educators than ever before. Teachers are leapfrogging red tape and coming up with creative solutions on the fly because that’s what we do. 🙌
But it isn’t easy. We are stuck at home, but we are not alone.
We need community. We need ideas. We need to make this work. Together, we will.
Art is more important in difficult times. We may not be in the same room as our students, but we can still give them the tools they need to cope with the uncertainty and stress. At the same time, we need to fill our own cups.
That’s why I’ve been reaching out to art educators across the country and asking them to join me for an impromptu online conference with presentations to help energize you, engage your students, and figure out this whole distance learning thing.
Free Online Conference for Art Educators
Call to Art: An Un-Conference for Art Educators is taking place March 30 – April 3, 2020.
- Trevor Bryan, The Art of Comprehension
- Devon Calvert, WAEA and Mr. Calvert’s Art Room
- Katherine Campbell, Art Class Curator
- Dr. Sarah Cress-Ackerman, University of Missouri–St. Louis
- Jennifer Easterling, Art Class Curator
- Nic Hahn, Mini-Matisse
- Dr. Emily Stewart Hood, Texas Woman’s University
- Kristin Huckle, The Silver Sparkle Lining
- Cindy Ingram, Art Class Curator
- Amanda Koonlaba, Party in the Art Room
- Don Masse, Shine Brite Zamorano
- Margaret McDonald, Miss Bright Blue Hue
- Ashley McKee, Ashcan Works
- Jim O’Donnell, Kill Your Color Wheels