Marcia Beckett teaches at a school for the gifted, so she enjoys enthusiastic students and a smaller class size. Join me in today’s podcast as we hear the experience of an art teacher from outside the public school setting. Show Highlights:
- Marcia shares how she started her own art blog
- What makes Marcia’s school different from most
- How Marcia and her fellow teachers work together to reinforce lesson plans
- Marcia shares examples of how her school is “hands on”
- Tips for making art projects from other cultures relate to students
- Marcia shares a few collaborative projects her students have been a part of
- The importance of growth mindset in the classroom
- Why some students may not put in as much effort
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- Art is Basic Website
- Art is Basic on Facebook
- Art is Basic on Teachers Pay Teachers
- Art is Basic on Instagram
- Marcia’s Silhouette Mural
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!
Thanks Cindy! It was so fun to talk with you! Thanks for interviewing me!