I’m so excited to welcome Phyllis Brown on the show today! Phyllis has taught art for 36 years, and she’s here to share her experiences, her invaluable advice, and lessons she’s learned in her career. She’s passionate, realistic, and brings a fresh perspective to teaching art, i.e. pre-technology, in the classroom. Show Highlights:
- Phyllis tells how she “accidentally” ended up teaching art
- The benefits of running an art blog
- Cindy and Phyllis discuss how teaching has changed since she started
- The passionate feelings surrounding kids, technology, and art
- The quiet skills that art classes teach kids
- How seasoned art teachers can discourage new art teachers
- Why it’s important to consider what message you put out, to students and future teachers
- Phyllis shares her strong feelings on unions and why she encourages them
- Phyllis’ number one rule in her classroom
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!
Leave a Comment