School can be tough, but it can be even tougher on kids with special needs. Teachers are there to help their students, but what are the best ways to help those who need extra assistance? Today Heidi and Melissa join me to share their experiences as teachers and as parents of children with special needs. Show Highlights:
- What Heidi considers to be key when it comes to teachers and parents of kids with special needs
- Melissa explains why she’s a “little extra” with her daughter’s teachers
- Heidi shares how having a kid with special needs has affected her teaching
- Why incidents sometimes happen and how they could have been prevented
- School performance and whether a kid is right-brained or left-brained
- Why art is the answer for allowing kids to communicate
- The power of noticing your students
- Ways teachers can model compassion to their class
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- Tales from the Traveling Art Teacher Website
- Find Melissa Baland Lee on Facebook @sweetlyvoiced
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!
Leave a Comment