When it comes to school, students are taught young to go for the A. Period. So when students get to art class, they freak out when you tell them not to worry about the grade. Clara Lieu joins me on the Art Class Curator Podcast to talk about getting past the grade and all the benefits of studio art.
- Clara shares her passion about the art making process
- Why Clara felt it to be critical to put her art column into videos
- The effect of the physicality of art
- The part of the art process that you should learn to embrace
- How art can teach us how to fail and to be vulnerable
- The misconception a lot of Clara’s students have made about her taste in art
- Clara talks about how a work of art makes you feel
- The component of art that her students think about least
- Ways to get students to think about art on a deeper level
- Advice for art teachers who lack confidence in their Studio Art
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!