As most Art Teachers may know, it can be easy to fall into catering to what students and administrators want and need, but in turn, we lose sight of what we need ourselves. Lana Jelenjev is with us here today to share the importance of “checking in”. Join us and learn the questions to ask yourself in order to figure out your own needs and the imperativeness of doing so.
In this episode, Lana shares her best tips and strategies for self-care and making sure your needs are getting met.
- Lana’s method of making thinking visible
- In the entrepreneurial world, how to know when to pivot or pull the plug
- The powerful tool of “checking in”
- What the concept of Reverse Mind Mapping has to offer
- The questions to ask in order to identify your personal needs
- The danger of becoming too attached to the idea of an end product
- The practice that can help teachers and students in the classroom
- The importance of defining what you need
- What is compassionate communication and how it can benefit you
- The difference in being selfish and being self-full that society doesn’t tell us
Links Mentioned in the Show:
(Some of the links below are affiliate links which help financially support Art Class Curator.)
If you liked this art podcast episode, check out these related blog posts: