As most Art Teachers may know, it can be easy to fall into catering to what students and administrators want and need, but in turn, we lose sight of what we need ourselves. Lana Jelenjev is with us here today to share the importance of “checking in”. Join us and learn the questions to ask yourself in order to figure out your own needs and the imperativeness of doing so.
In this episode, Lana shares her best tips and strategies for self-care and making sure your needs are getting met.
- Lana’s method of making thinking visible
- In the entrepreneurial world, how to know when to pivot or pull the plug
- The powerful tool of “checking in”
- What the concept of Reverse Mind Mapping has to offer
- The questions to ask in order to identify your personal needs
- The danger of becoming too attached to the idea of an end product
- The practice that can help teachers and students in the classroom
- The importance of defining what you need
- What is compassionate communication and how it can benefit you
- The difference in being selfish and being self-full that society doesn’t tell us
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Please note, this post includes Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Blog: Dream See Do
- Lana’s Interactive Learning Site
- 90 Day Action Planner
- The Power of Full Engagement
- Essentialism: Mastering the Art of Less
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? I don’t want you to miss an episode and we have a lot of good topics and guests coming up! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
If you are feeling extra kind, I would LOVE it if you left us a review on iTunes too! These reviews help others find the podcast and I truly love reading your feedback. You can click here to review and select “Write a Review” and let me know what you love best about the podcast!