In this Chinese Brush Painting lesson, students will learn the basic characteristics of Chinese Brush Painting through art discussion, reflection, and an optional art project. Students also study the art concepts of value, washes, expressive brushstrokes, and atmospheric perspective.
Chinese Brush Painting Lesson Downloads in this Resource
- Lesson Plan with National Core Arts Standards (DOC, PDF) – 3 pages
- PowerPoint (PPT, PDF) – 15 slides
- Journal Activity (DOC, PDF)
Time Needed for Chinese Brush Painting Lesson:
- Lesson: Approximately 1 45-minute class period
- Art Project: 2-3 45-minute class periods
Related Blog Posts:
Join The Resource Library for Art Teachers
If you are a member of The Resource Library for Art Teachers, you can get this lesson and all of my other resources including monthly online teacher workshops for one monthly subscription. Find out more information at this link.