In this 5-Day Italian Renaissance powerpoint with interactive and creative learning activities, your students will explore what led to the beginning of the Renaissance, how Renaissance art differed from the art that came before it, and key Renaissance art characteristics and innovations in painting, sculpture, and architecture.
The Italian Renaissance powerpoint and activities files are all editable.
List of downloads in this resource:
- Italian Renaissance powerpoint
- Renaissance activity worksheets to explore reasons for the beginning of the Renaissance
- Test and PowerPoint with test image
- Compare/contrast Renaissance worksheet
- Renaissance primary source analysis reading and worksheet
Topics Covered in this Renaissance Art Lesson
The following topics are covered in the Renaissance PowerPoint.
- The beginning of the Renaissance–group activity that explores the variety of reasons that sparked this revolutionary time period
- Compare/contrast the art from the Middle Ages with the art of the Renaissance
- What is Humanism and how do we see it in the art of the Renaissance?
- Classical Influence
- Study of human anatomy
- Invention of linear perspective
- Conventions–sfumato, chiaroscuro, and pyramidal configuration
- Renaissance architecture
There is nudity in this Renaissance powerpoint–Michelangelo and Donatello’s David, two examples of classical sculpture, and a few nude babies.
Renaissance PowerPoint Preview
Click here to download a preview of this Renaissance art lesson.
If you are a member of The Resource Library for Art Teachers, you can get this lesson and all of my other resources including monthly online teacher workshops for one monthly subscription. Find out more information at this link.